- What is a good moisturizer to use after efudex treatment?
- How often should you use Efudix?
- How long does it take for redness to go away after fluorouracil treatment?
- How long after applying efudex Can I shower?
- Does Efudix affect normal skin?
- How do you relieve efudex treatment?
- Do you rub Efudix cream in?
- What does the erosion stage of efudex look like?
- Do I wash efudex off?
What is a good moisturizer to use after efudex treatment?
The day after your last Efudex application, begin moisturizing all treated areas with either Vaseline or Aquaphor Healing Ointment (over the counter).
Apply frequently every day to keep skin soft.
The treated area can be pink for several months and is more susceptible to getting sun burned..
How often should you use Efudix?
6. How do I use EFUDIX® ? If you have been prescribed EFUDIX® for AKs, you need to apply it as directed by your Doctor. This is typically once or twice a day; in the morning and/or evening, but not at bedtime as contact with pillows may cause undesirable spreading.
How long does it take for redness to go away after fluorouracil treatment?
Complete healing of the inflammation generally takes one to two months. In addition to treating clinically visible lesions, fluorouracil can also treat subclinical lesions6 that may have become clinically visible in the future.
How long after applying efudex Can I shower?
6. The area may be washed as you normally would with soap and water. Do not wash the face for at least three hours after Efudex (or Carac) application.
Does Efudix affect normal skin?
Efudix destroys cancerous and pre-cancerous cells, while having little effect on normal cells. When you use Efudix it is likely that the area of the skin that you are treating will become red.
How do you relieve efudex treatment?
Cold packs applied throughout the day help with the continuing itching, burning, and pain. Acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be alternated to help with pain and inflammation. Resist the urge to peel the skin. The skin will begin to erode away, dry, and peel.
Do you rub Efudix cream in?
How to apply the Efudix cream? Wash the skin with lukewarm water. After your skin is completely dry, apply a thin film of the cream to the affected skin and rub it gently onto your skin. Apply a small amount of medication to the affected skin, using just enough to cover the area with a thin film.
What does the erosion stage of efudex look like?
Erosion, on the face, feels like having a mask on your face that you can’t remove. The same goes for the chest. The cream absorbs more and more quickly as the days go by, and the treated area stiffens, tugs and pulls when you move, and this can cause the burning sensations to temporarily intensify.
Do I wash efudex off?
Wash your hands carefully and thoroughly immediately after using Efudix. Do not cover the treated area unless your doctor tells you to. If your doctor asks you to apply a dressing after using Efudix, apply a fresh dressing to the area(s) daily.